STANDARD BIKE FILTERS
The panel / cylindrical air filter is commonly referred to as "replacement air filter". It is installed in the vehicle's original airbox to replace the OEM air filter. It is made of highly performing materials that allow an increased air flow combined with a more efficient filtration, guaranteeing containment of all impurities from as small as 7 microns (compared to OEM's 10 microns).
Air flow chart for a sample BMC air filter against an OEM paper filter
Temperature 25C° - Humidity 25% - Pressure 1020mbar
Test ran with oem airbox, and the related air flow constrictions.
This chart has a pure illustrative purpose and does not refer to the present filter.
BMC air filters are produced using a "Full Moulding" system that enables the characteristic red filter to be realized from a single mould with no welded joints thus avoiding easy breakage. The rubber used in BMC air filtering systems has a long life, is very durable and has optimum adhesion characteristics to all shapes of airboxes.
BMC filters are made of a multi-layered cotton gauze soaked with low viscosity oil covered with an epoxy coated alloy mesh to ensure protection from petrol fumes and oxidization due to air humidity.
All BMC air filters are pre-oiled, and they can be washed and regenerated by using the appropriate BMC regeneration kit.
For any other info, please see the FAQ page.
- BIG BOSS 500 6X6 BIG BOSS 500 6X6 (Year 98>99)
- MAGNUM 425 2X4 MAGNUM 425 2X4 (Year 96>98)
- MAGNUM 425 4X4 MAGNUM 425 4X4 (Year 95>98)
- MAGNUM 425 6X6 MAGNUM 425 6X6 (Year 96>97)
- SCRAMBLER 400 2X4 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4 (Year 00>02)
- SCRAMBLER 400 4X4 SCRAMBLER 400 4X4 (Year 96>02)
- SPORT 400 2X4 SPORT 400 2X4 (Year 96>99)
- TRAIL BLAZER TRAIL BLAZER 2X4 400 (Year 2003)
- XPLORER 400 XPLORER 400 (Year 99>00)
- XPRESS 400 XPRESS 400 (Year 96>97)