RACE BIKE FILTERS
The panel / cylindrical air filter is commonly referred to as "replacement air filter". It is installed in the vehicle's original airbox to replace the OEM air filter. It is made of highly performing materials that allow an increased air flow combined with a more efficient filtration, guaranteeing containment of all impurities from as small as 7 microns (compared to OEM's 10 microns).
Air flow chart for a sample BMC air filter against an OEM paper filter
Temperature 25C° - Humidity 25% - Pressure 1020mbar
Test ran with oem airbox, and the related air flow constrictions.
This chart has a pure illustrative purpose and does not refer to the present filter.
BMC air filters are produced using a "Full Moulding" system that enables the characteristic red filter to be realized from a single mould with no welded joints thus avoiding easy breakage. The rubber used in BMC air filtering systems has a long life, is very durable and has optimum adhesion characteristics to all shapes of airboxes.
BMC filters are made of a multi-layered cotton gauze soaked with low viscosity oil covered with an epoxy coated alloy mesh to ensure protection from petrol fumes and oxidization due to air humidity.
All BMC air filters are pre-oiled, and they can be washed and regenerated by using the appropriate BMC regeneration kit.
For any other info, please see the FAQ page.
- 1098 1098 (Year 06>09)
- 1098 R 1098 R (Year 07>11)
- 1098 S 1098 S (Year 06>11)
- 1198 1198 (Year 09>12)
- 1198 R 1198 R (Year 10>12)
- 1198 S 1198 S (Year 09>12)
- 1198 SP 1198 SP (Year 11>12)
- 848 848 (Year 07>13)
- 848 EVO 848 EVO (Year 10>12)
- DIAVEL DIAVEL (Year 10>13)
- DIAVEL DIAVEL (Year 14 >)
- MULTISTRADA 1200 MULTISTRADA 1200 (Year 10>14)
- MULTISTRADA 1200 MULTISTRADA 1200 (Year 15 >)
- MULTISTRADA 1200 S MULTISTRADA 1200 S (Year 10>14)
- MULTISTRADA 1200 S MULTISTRADA 1200 S (Year 15 >)
- STREETFIGHTER STREETFIGHTER (Year 09>12)
- STREETFIGHTER 848 STREETFIGHTER 848 (Year 11>)
- STREETFIGHTER S STREETFIGHTER S (Year 09>14)